Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stand up for something!!!!

My good friend Amy called me tonight completely annoyed at the general public.  And I have to say I completely agree with her.  We were commenting about Face Book and how funny it is when you post about what you had for dinner everyone will comment about it.  But when you post something about current events or a political issue it is rare that someone will comment.  You might get a few thumbs up (likes).

I get annoyed with the general public myself.  Case and point; yesterday I was leaving Smiths, I had just gotten into my truck and the man parked in front of me literally pushed his cart and let it roll into the car next to him.  He grabbed the cart and pushed it again.  Luckily his cart hit the pole in front of my truck and not my truck.  The man looked at me and shrugged his shoulders, got in his car and drove off.  Where have all the manners gone?

While I'm at it, I hate the constant push to be politically correct and accept everyone.  Wait!  Keep reading.    I believe in being kind to everyone but that doesn't mean I won't stand for what I believe in.  Being kind to people doesn't mean I forgo my own beliefs.  Everyone doesn't have to agree with me and its okay if I don't agree with everyone else.  I think one has to find a balance between being kind and accepting but still stand up for one's beliefs.

Okay I'll get off my soap box now.


JJBean

1 comment:

  1. Maybe after the super bowl,people will have some thoughts again?!? Oye.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!