Monday, February 7, 2011

What is your desirable point between opposite forces?

I have always been fascinated by the human spirit.  I love people and the concept of potential.  I love how powerful the mind is.  If you think about it, one person can make a decision and by acting upon that decision the whole world can change in a second. I have been thinking about the skill and ability to balance.  I don't mean balancing on one leg.  I'm speaking of balancing life.  Everyone has so much going on with family, friends, work, school, goals, hobbies, health, happiness, sadness, anxiety, stress, celebrations and politics, better known as life.  Not everyone around us agrees on sensitive issues such as morals, values and politics.  Sometimes with so much going on and with so many different views and beliefs people clash.  Its no wonder that every once in a while I find myself spinning out of control.  I find that I have been knocked off balance and I am no longer on my course.

The definition of balance simply put is is the ability to maintain a desirable point between two or more opposite forces.  Our lives are full of opposite forces pushing and pulling us in so many different directions.  It takes skill, practice and hard work for one to maintain balance.

While reading about force I came across Newton's Law's of Motion.  Newton's first law of motion; an object that is at rest will stay at rest unless an unbalanced force acts upon it.  Or an object that is in motion will not change its velocity unless an unbalanced force acts upon it.  Newton's second law of motion; force equals mass (F=MA), an object with a constant mass will accelerate in proportion to the net force....  And last but not least Newton's third law of motion; to every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction.

People in general are a driving force in our lives.  That force can be good or bad.  I hate it when I let a person with a negative attitude influence my attitude.  But it happens.  I am usually the object that is in motion with a constant velocity to move forward.  I choose to be motivated and I choose to be goal driven.  But every once in awhile an unbalanced force knocks me off course.  Balancing requires a concurrent processing of senses, equilibrium, vision, perception of pressure, etc.  Our senses must detect changes with respect to the base we're balancing on regardless of whether the body moves or the base moves.

One should have a pretty strong base to balance on so when opposite forces come, one can stay balanced and not lose velocity.  Or, when the opposite forces do knock us around we can get back on track.  I try to build a base or foundation of values, morals, integrity, honesty, hard work, fun, happiness, manners, service, respect, sense of self, belief in God, faith and love.  This base creates my mass or motivation which gives me velocity, that at times is equal to or greater than opposite forces.  If I build a strong base to balance on then I can remain in a forward motion which I prefer.

What is your desirable point between opposite forces?
Have you built a strong base or foundation to balance on?


JJBean    


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!