Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quick to mourn. Last to celebrate.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how people react to other people's life events.  I can only base my opinion on my own experiences and so that is what this blog is based on, my own experience.  People who know me best know I've endured some tough trials in my life such as; divorce, several surgeries, miscarriage in addition to the loss of my daughter, my amputation, constantly feeling sick and so on.  I have always had a wonderful support system around me.  I've had great friends and family who come to my aide in time of need.  My mom is the best nurse I know, better than most professionals I've dealt with.  If she could just learn how to give an IV she'd be golden.

Recently I've made decisions that have changed my life completely.  I've been posting comments and writing blogs about how happy my life is.  I have a new husband who just happens to be the most amazing person I know.  I have a great job.  I live in a fantastic new city.  I have three fun step children who make every other weekend a party, for the most part. ;)  I truly am happy and love my life.  I want to share my happiness and so I have.  Because of all my happy posts and blogs lately I hear comments such as; she is boasting, she is throwing her good fortune in other people's faces, she is not being empathetic to people who are unhappy or who are going through a hard time.  I've literally been told that I am too happy and its annoying.

What is wrong with being happy?  Why are people so quick to mourn with me but last to celebrate with me?  I don't view my posts of happiness as boasting, I'm celebrating!  Celebrate with me, be happy that I'm happy.  Don't misunderstand my message.  I am very grateful for my family and friends who are quick to mourn with me.  In hard times the more support one has the better.  Isn't support in happy times just as important?  I hope that I support my family and friends through happy times and bad times.  If I haven't I do apologize and I will be more cognizant of my own actions towards others.  Expression of happiness is not a bad thing!  Pass it on!

###

JJBean   

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy that you are happy! Keep on being happy! It makes me so very happy that you are happy!

    I love life and I am happy too! I love your posts on facebook! Your Mom told me all kinds of cool things you and Joe do together and I think it is great that you have someone that loves you and treats you wonderful!

    You are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!