Thursday, October 7, 2010

Some thoughts that I'm not really sure about....

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." Mark Twain

Every General Conference there is a protest from people who disagree with the LDS church in Salt Lake City. It happens twice a year and while I love the US and the human rights we have as citizens of the US to protest it seems pointless to me. Well pointless depending on what you're protesting I guess.

Homosexual people are protesting the LDS church because of a talk that was said last Sunday at General Conference. Another human right I love about the US is the freedom of religion. Freedom of religion is one of the main reason's the US was founded in the first place.

My opinion is the LDS church and many other churches will continue to speak out against Homosexuality. Homosexual people will continue to speak out against those who speak out against them.... This is why I find this particular battle so to speak pointless.

On the subject of marriage I think it would be horrible to love someone enough to want to marry them and then not have the right to do so. To not have the legal right to someone else would be sad especially if one in the relationship should pass away before the other.

I believe firmly that It is never okay to treat people with disrespect no matter what side of the fight you're on. People don't all have to believe in the same religion or sexuality or political party, etc., another right we are so lucky to have living in the US. But shouldn't we all just get along? :)

I say speak out! Stand up for what you believe in! Be kind to one another! Hatefulness is mean!



JJBean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!