Friday, March 16, 2012

Velocipede Bicycle...

     My husband has patience of steel!  Last night we spent about three hours trying to get me on a bike!  I think we adjusted the height of the seat about 50 times.  We went to two different Wal-Marts trying different bikes.  The issue I have is the constraint of my prosthetic.  I can't quite bend my knee back far enough to peddle.  I'm also short so raising the seat to help with my knee constraint was not effective.  I tried a Road Cruiser which was almost perfect!  Alas, we decided this bike thing is turning into a project that we didn't foresee....  We will not give up!  The search for the perfect bike has begun!  

This is an example of my current bike....  

This is the Road Cruiser we tried....  

 This bike may work for us...  

I think a Trike might work...

This may work too...

Now this bike is perfect!  Joe could peddle and I can sit in the front seat!

###