Thursday, September 8, 2011

Raspberry Jam....

Last night I made Raspberry/Blackberry jam!  It was supper simple and I'm very excited to eat it!  Also I'm excited to make other fun treats with it!  I happen to be married to fantastic man who loves to bake!  This jam will be well appreciated.

Step One: 4 cups of raspberries. (I added blackberries so, 2 cups raspberries and 2 cups blackberries.)

Step Two: Once rinsed, smash with potato masher (2 cups smashed).  Mix in 5 1/4 cups white sugar, 1/2 tsp of grated lemon peel, 1 T lemon juice.  Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.  Stir occasionally.  In the mean time, mix in 1-quart saucepan, 1 package (1/34 oz) powdered fruit pectin in 3/4 cup water.  Bring pectin mixture to boil, let boil 1 minute, stir occasionally.

Step Three: Pour hot pectin mixture over raspberries, stir 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.  Immediately spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.  Wipe rims of containers; seal.  Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.  Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or in freezer up to 6 months.  

Makes about 6 cups.
Enjoy!


JJBean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!