Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thoughtful Christmas....

     I have to showcase the gifts my husband gave to me for Christmas because of how thoughtful and creative he is.  Also, my blog serves a two fold purpose for me as I love to share my life experiences with my family and friends and I also love to convert my blog into a book every year to keep as a journal.

     I told my husband I have always wanted a locket.  My mom has a pretty locket that was her mother's that has a picture of my grandmother and my grandfather in it.  I'm quite sentimental and would love to pass down my locket to Krista or another family member someday.  Joseph already gave me my iPhone as I couldn't wait to use it; below are some pretty great gifts as well....

Joseph is a good listener and gave me a very pretty locket for Christmas.


 Joseph and I love to watch Dr. Who.  This is a replica Joseph made of a journal used in the show.



Joseph and I are going to learn Tatting.  Joseph found this tatting tool in an antique shop.


I mentioned that I wanted a bigger journal to keep rather personal thoughts that I will never publish on the Internet.  This picture can't show the detail Joseph put into it.  It is so beautiful; I hope I'll be able to write in it.  


Diego made me this Sun Catcher.  He was pretty excited about it.  


     Honestly this is the best Christmas I've had in a very long time.  My ex-husband would "forget" to give me a gift; usually because he would spend the money on drugs.  My ex-boyfriend hated spending money on me, literally.  If he did buy me a gift it was really something he could use.  The last Christmas we were together I pretty much forced him to buy me a gift that was meant for me.  This was me and Joseph's first Christmas together and I really didn't know what to expect.  Joseph is always so thoughtful and caring so I wasn't exactly surprised that the gifts he gave me were thoughtful but, I was surprised at the same time given the Christmases of my past.  To be honest I am a hard person to shop for because I am not materialistic.  I couldn't think of a single thing I wanted for Christmas this year.  Thoughtful gifts mean more to me than anything; I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband.  I am truly blessed.  

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!