Saturday, March 24, 2012

Children and Minimalist Living

     I've been reading a ton of blogs and articles about a minimalist life style, living simply, and homesteading.  Reading about these life styles can be overwhelming because there are so many different extremes around each life style.  I find after an evening of reading and trying to narrow down a definition I'm okay with, I want to pull my hair out!  And by the way, stressing to the point of hair pulling is not very minimalist...
     Then I thought about children.  They are messy and require a lot of stuff!  How does one live a minimalist lifestyle with three children?  I found a blog (click HERE to read the blog) that really helped put things into perspective for me.  There is more to living simply then having a small inventory of stuff, growing fruits and veggies, raising chickens, and re-purposing green bean cans.  Living simply is a life style for your mind, time management, family life, home environment, etc...  Prioritizing and really drilling down to what is important in life, and then only putting your energy into what you've deemed important is the key to living simply.


###