Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Work Space for the Purpose of Creating

Have you ever looked at a specific aspect of your life and thought you were being held back?  I have, and as soon as I identify what is holding me back, all I can do is think of ways to change my situation.  I become obsessed with making things right!  I'm in this specific situation now, but the situation involves my whole family.

I look at my husband and am constantly in awe with his talent, intelligence, work ethic, honesty, and kind-heartedness.  All I can think about is he needs to be set free!  Sounds funny, but it's true, if you've ever had just one conversation with my husband you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I look at my children and all I can think about is the future:  Weddings, missions, college, etc.  I look at myself and I feel unsettled; I know what I want to do, but my next move takes bravery, planning, and hard work, and all these characteristics are required from my whole family.  Can I ask this of my family?  Can I ask them to believe and take a risk that may or may not secure a better future for our family?  As a wife, mother, and member of this society, don't I have to ask this of my family?

There are several plans in the works right now, Joseph and I are in the beginning phases of making huge decisions for our family.  Please keep us in your prayers as we work out the details in deciding what is best for our family.  In the meantime, I've created a great work space for Joseph and I to create, which helps us relieve stress.  I believe it is important for people to find an outlet, a way to express yourself, but release tension at the same time.
  
These shelves are full of supplies needed to create!
Glue, scissors, paint brushes, rulers, hole punches, etc.
There are several drawers below these shelves full of more
supplies:  Paint, ink, tape, hot glue gun, etc. 
Here is another view of our shelves.
I love the pin boards!  We pin up quotes and pictures
that inspire us.  We also pin up our lists of projects.
I think keeping ideas visible helps keep me focused.
A work table quip with dye, cutting mat, paring stone, etc. 
This is a finishing press!
As I've mentioned before, Joseph is always honing his skills.
He comes home and works on books and reads about
binding methods.  We decided it's time to have the
proper tools at home so he can work on
his projects. 
Litho stone, paring knifes, bone folder, and a cool pair of scissors! 
What do you do to relieve stress?
###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!