Sunday, May 12, 2013

Country Roads. . . (Cue John Denver).

Living in Utah, along the Wasatch Front, we don't just see mountains 50 miles away from our home;  the mountains are literally in our backyards.  Every Sunday I love going on rides through the canyons, on mountain roads.  I feel most spiritual in nature, smelling the pine trees, listening to the rivers, and once in awhile seeing wild life.

Today, Joseph and I walked out of church and the first thing I wanted to do was go for a ride.  Wide eyed and jaw fallen open, I looked at Joe in panic!  There are no canyons or mountains around!  Where are we going to go on our Sunday rides now?  Joe pulled up his map app and took us on a beautiful drive through the country.  We may not have mountains in this part of Texas, but we do have trees and beautiful roads with fantastic ranches!


Panic evaded!

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!