Saturday, June 23, 2012

Adventures of Moving to the Country

     Joe and I have been going non-stop since we moved last week!  I have never been this exhausted in my entire life; this move really took it out of us.  Moving to Lewiston is the first step toward a new lifestyle of self sufficiency and simple living.  We knew that moving to the country would bring big changes, but the little changes you don't think about have been surprising, fun and stressful at the same time.  Here are some pictures of just how much fun we've been having this week.

The night before our move Joe and I came to the house to clean the carpets, wipe down the cupboards and sterilize the bathrooms.  Joe went to turn on the gas and while cutting the zip tie, his knife slipped and he stabbed himself in the thigh.  There was a lot of blood and his leg guts were exposed.  We drove into Lewiston to buy first aid supplies.  The market was closed ( at 7pm) and the one gas station in town didn't even sell band aids.  The attendant did offer me a bottle of aspirin though.  

   
Boxes anyone?  This picture is self explanatory 

   
Kids being kids after a long day of unpacking.

    
The kids helping dad with yard work!






Macsen and Joe built a great fire ring in our back yard!  I love campfires!  
Last night we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows!


The newest members of our family:  Willow and River!  
I am not a cat person and am learning about their mannerisms, but these are dang cute kittens.



Next week our chickens are arriving!  I am so excited to have chickens!  
We stopped at Home Depot today and picked up some wood to build our chicken coop.  Our car is quite small as you can see, but Joe and I managed to fit all the wood and supplies and kids in the car.  We rock!  



###

2 comments:

I love to read your comments!