Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Old Idea - New Idea

     I am in such a mood to bake and bottle fruit!  Every day driving home from work I see fruit stands filled with baskets of cherries, apricots, and peaches!  I finally broke down and bought cherries and peaches for the family.  However, it's been scorching hot outside and the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven or stand over a canner full of boiling water!  I feel I might break down this weekend and stay up really late; during the cool hours of the night and bake a peach pie and boil some cherry pie filling.
     Tonight I decided to look through some old cook books I saved from my mom.  She had the cook books forever and decided it was time to give them to Good Will; I was not about to let that happen and took them.  I found some great recipes and dinner ideas I'm really excited to try.  I also fell upon cooking techniques that made me laugh only because some of these techniques I hear spoken about on the Food Network as brilliant new ideas; I don't think so.  

Here is an example of an old idea but now talked about as a new idea.  
Baking pastry over inverted muffin tins!


  
The inverted muffin tin idea is printed in this cook book; published in 1966.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!