Thursday, July 12, 2012

Make - A - Mix! Brilliant!

Going through my cook books I stumbled upon this Make-A-Mix Cookery book (see picture below).  This book was included in the pile of cook books I saved from my mom, mentioned before HERE.  The book's recipes include mixes you make yourself; 58 mixes to be exact.  What I loved most when reading through the recipes is that the mixes can be stored!  Some mixes can store for 3 - 6 months and others can store for up to a year!


Granola mix is always good to have around and to store for emergency situations.


I'm particularly excited about flaky pie crust because you make the dough, divide the dough into 12 parts and freeze them.  The dough will store in your freezer for one year.  Now that Joe and I are going to have a steady supply of eggs we'll be making a lot of quiches and other delightful egg pies!  Not to mention wonderful fruit pies we'll make using the fruit pie filling we bottle this fall.  
Ready made pie crust will not go to waste in the house.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!