Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 10: 30 Days of Gratitude

Jill's gratitude:
     Today I am grateful for the warm comfort a simple oil lamp gives.  I love cool nights and warm lights; I am so ready for Fall and the holiday season too!  Joe says I have to wait until November 1 before I can start playing Christmas music; if I had it my way the rule would be as soon as the temperature drops below 50 degrees it's time to break out the Christmas music!
     I am grateful for both of my bosses. . .  Honestly, I have been blessed my entire life with great jobs and wonderful bosses who have treated me well...  There was this one boss who was a jerk, but he was a jerk to everyone; an unhappy man who wanted to make everyone around him unhappy too.  My boss at Wells Fargo is the nicest guy; his daughter is my co-worker and she is nice too.  My boss at Restoration Books is awesome!  He always tries to make me feel comfortable while at work.  Mike is like part of our family; he took care of Joe and gave him job when Joe moved back to Logan.  I for one am very happy Joe decided to move back to Logan two years ago.  If he hadn't we both would be living very different lives that's for sure.  
     I am grateful for my sweet rabbits.  They love to visit and they love to be petted.  Now that the weather has cooled off they are out and about more.  I learned that heat is the worst thing for rabbits; this summer they were unhappy and very uncomfortable, but they're back to normal now!

Joe's gratitude:
     I am grateful tonight for my guitars.  Many times, if I feel a bit stressed, picking up a guitar and some classical sheet music will get my mind off all manner of problems.  It is also great to be able to entertain others with a bit of music.
     I am grateful for a vehicle that runs well, and aids us in our commute.  One whose heater and air conditioner work nearly instantaneously, not to mention the seat warmers.
     And I am grateful for our commute into town.  I know that one sounds a bit odd, but our drive every morning and evening is really quite beautiful and delightful, and Jill and I always have a good time talking to each other during the twenty minutes or so that we are in the car together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!