Monday, September 17, 2012

Day Eight: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's gratitude:  
      Tonight I am grateful for simple technologies that make our lives easier.  First I am grateful for spell-check.  I did all my undergraduate and graduate work on a typewriter (I was something of a Luddite back then. . . . I may still kind of be one. . . .), and while I loved the look and feel of the finished product, a number of my professors couldn't get past my many typographical errors.  Having since then been a professor myself, I can hardly blame them!
     I am grateful for vacuum cleaners.  Such an ingenious machine!  Having lived with tile floors previously, I am aware of how dirty floors get, even though carpet may give the impression otherwise by hiding dirt down its fibers.  Without a vacuum cleaner I shudder to think of the what the floors in our house would be like.
     I am also grateful to have a gas stove.  I have been cooking on electric stoves most of my life.  My parents only bought their gas stove after I had moved out of the house.  But we finally have one in our home here, and I love cooking on it.  It makes the entire cooking experience more enjoyable.

Jill's gratitude:
     I am grateful for knowing how to clean and having a great dish washing system.  If you would have seen my kitchen tonight you'd think to yourself, "this is going to take Jill hours to clean,"  But no, washing the dishes only took about 20 minutes!  I have system that hasn't failed me yet.
     I am grateful for the opportunity to finish my degree online.  While I get frustrated with my classmates and  the forum, I love that I can earn my degree while sitting next to my husband and surrounded by our indoor animals.
     I am grateful for the piano!  Today at work I finally got fed up with listening to the same music over and over again; music like Mumford and Son's, Iron and Wine, Adel, Pink, Katy Perry, etc.  They were all starting to sound like the same song being played over and over again in my head.  I turned on the solo piano station on Pandora and instantly felt at peace.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!