Monday, September 17, 2012

Day Seven: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's gratitude:  
     I am grateful tonight that life has taught me how to be patient.  Too often we have to deal with unpleasant people, some of whom are bound and determined to make our lives difficult.  But I find that with patience I can look at the situation with a cooler head and keep a view on the true priorities in my life.
     I am grateful that life has taught me to be happy.  Life is far too short to let other people ruin it for you.  If you choose not to be happy, in spite of what others do to you, you give them power over you:  Illegitimis non carborundum!
     I am grateful that life has taught me how to let things go.  Jill and I have worked and slimming down on our material possessions, but I find that it is even more conducive to joy and peace to be able to slim down on the emotional baggage we all tend to carry around.  I see people that can't let go, and they seem so miserable to me.

Jill's gratitude:
     I am grateful that I have the ability to observe accomplishments.  I often sit outback with my chickens and think to myself, "Joseph and I were just talking about having chickens, and buying a house, and building our homestead. . ."  With every completed project we are fulfilling our dreams and plans....  Being able to observe and recognize these accomplishments is very rewarding.
     I am grateful for the desire to learn new skills.  I have a list of skills and new things I want to learn; tatting, ceramics, music, carving stamps, making paper, and making lace are just some of the things I'm looking forward to.  8 more weeks of school and I am free!
      I am grateful for the Fall season!  So much changes around us during the fall season.  I love watching the world around me literally change colors and shapes.  I find peace and comfort in the cooler weather.  Most importantly, my leg stays on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!