Monday, September 17, 2012

Day Six: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's gratitude:  
     I am grateful that I live in a place where I can see the stars.  There is no moon out tonight and in spite of the lights next door, I can see the Milky Way spread across the sky.  Cassiopeia is bright tonight, and the dippers also stand out.  I am waiting for the winter to come so I can see Orion again.
     I am grateful that we have a large fire ring in our back yard, where we can cook dinners and sit around talking and enjoying the crisp night air while the coals radiate their heat and keep us warm.
     I am grateful that while I can enjoy a fire in the back yard, I can also come inside and shower off the smell of wood smoke, so that I can sleep feeling clean.

Jill's gratitude:
     I am grateful for family ties.  Saturday I was able to spend time with my cousins that I haven't seen in years!  I grew up with these cousins, bowling, and hanging out at my aunt Marybeth and Uncle Rex's house was how I spent most of my teens.  It was awesome to see them now with their own families.
     I am grateful for a patient and kind husband.  I know I already listed Joe in my first blog, but I didn't specifically point out his wonderful characteristics.  Joseph is so patient with me and his kids.  He has a kind heart that I love so much.
     I am grateful for comfort food.  I am an emotional eater!  If I'm happy I want to celebrate and eat!  If I'm sad I want to sulk and eat!  If I'm mad I want to vent and eat!  Most of all I love cooking comfort food and sharing it with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!