Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day Eleven: 30 Days of Gratitude

Jill's gratitude:
     Tonight I'm grateful for my River's soothing purr.  River is a purr machine and when he cuddles up next to you the gentle roar he makes is quite relaxing.
     I'm grateful to live very close to beautiful mountains!  Joseph and I took a little detour on our way home tonight.  We drove up to High Creek camp ground; the leaves and the smell of the mountains truly make me happy!
     I am grateful for change!  It seems my life is always changing in one way or another and usually the change is quite drastic.  This time one year ago I was just starting to look into homesteading and what it means to live simple but intentionally.  Joseph and I have completely changed our priorities; we're taking steps to live a more self-sustaining lifestyle and I couldn't be more happy!  We've made huge sacrifices to make sure our priorities are in order, sacrifices to the tune of a $700 per month pay cut!  Because we live within our means and aren't chasing after the all mighty dollar, I am lucky enough to spend every single day with my husband!  We don't have to squeeze in a few hours at night to see each other or plan date nights to get away and spend time together.  I am and always have been grateful for change!

Joseph's gratitude:
     I am grateful for lists.  Jill is a master of list making, and it has made our life run so much more smoothly.  Plus, there is such a sense of satisfaction when you can check off all the items on your list.
     I am grateful for on-line texts on sites such as Project Gutenberg and Librivox.  There are so many great classic books out there that I am interested in, but I don't want to spend a ton of money on, and these sites make them available.  Currently I am listening to "The Antiquities of the Jews" by Flavius Josephus.
     And having mentioned Gutenberg, I am thankful for the invention of movable type.  The ability to typeset books was arguably the greatest single invention in human history.   I would venture to say that were it not for printing, we would still be living in the Dark Ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!