Monday, September 24, 2012

Day Fourteen: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's Gratitude:
     I am grateful for sacred spaces - places on earth, both man-made and natural, where the presence of divinity is easily felt.
     I am grateful for a back-yard where Jill and I can sit in silent contemplation for long amounts of time, watching the night sky, our animals, the bats flitting about eating insects, and the weather rolling in.
     I am grateful for the rain that has washed the air clean of the forest-fire smokes that were shrouding our valley in a hazy miasma.

Jill's Gratitude:
     I am grateful for tradition - We were able to attend the Brigham City Temple dedication and I felt much gratitude and humility to witness such an awesome tradition.
     I am grateful for freedom of religion - I am grateful that we live in a country that allows us to believe what we as individuals feel best for us and our families.
     I am grateful for the right to vote - I've been following this election and have learned a lot about current policy; I'm excited to vote this November and participate in the election of our next president.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!