Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day Thirteen: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's Gratitude:
     Today I am grateful for Henry F. Phillips, inventor of the phillips screw drive.  I was putting a sheet metal roof on our chicken coop today, and had to open a new box of screws.  However, I discovered that I had mistakenly bought screws with a flat blade drive.  What followed were several hours of intense frustration.
     I am also grateful for acrylic house paint that can wash up with just water.
     Finally, I am grateful for thumbnails, which make sure a bone-crushing blow with a hammer to your thumb results only in a nasty bruise.

Jill's Gratitude:
     Today I am grateful for take out food!  After a long day of painting the last thing I wanted to do was cook diner.  Joe offered to cook but he had a very long day putting the roof on our coop and hutch and painting as well.  I wasn't about to take him up on his offer to cook.  We jumped in the car and drove into town for Jimmy John's sandwiches!
     I am grateful for band aids!  When the season changes my fingers crack and bleed, it is most annoying but a band aid seems to make everything better.  Thank you Joseph for forcing to me wear them!
     I am grateful for eggs!  There have been studies that show eggs to be the perfect source of protein.  We now have four laying hens that give us eggs everyday.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!