Monday, October 1, 2012

Day Twenty: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's Gratitudes:
     I am grateful tonight that oil lamps, as well as lamp oil, can be had quite inexpensively.  While it is true that the really nice lamps can cost several hundred dollars, it is not hard to find lamps that are quite suitable for around ten dollars.  In fact, our local hardware store has hurricane lamps for under three dollars!  There is something so special about the light from lamps and candles.
     Speaking of our hardware store, I am grateful for Smithfield Implements.  (No, I am not being paid to advertise).  It is a fabulous little store with a surprising array of supplies for the small homesteader.  Their sales are something to look forward to.  Plus, it is just a fun store to browse around in.
     And I am grateful for the tools I have bought there, as well as at other places.  There is something so satisfactory about having the right tool for the job, be it a pitchfork, a wheel barrow, or a lawn edger.

Jill's Gratitudes:
     I am grateful for common sense and critical thinking....  I read articles and see documentaries and most the time I'm impressed but other times I can see bias or miss-leading content that is accompanies such media.  I am grateful I don't believe everything I read or see.
     I am grateful for true journalism!  True journalism is the right to gather and distribute news to keep government accountable by ensuring access to public records, meetings, and courtrooms. . .  The media swill shown today, that most people quote and make decisions off of isn't journalism!  The Daily Show isn't the news!
     I am grateful for my religion.  All religions have some sort of scandal and some person living as a hypocrite; show me one person who hasn't been hypocritical at one point in their life.  When you get right down to it, my religion teaches to love God, help your neighbor, and be a good person.  All the other junk people try to disprove or contradict is just that; junk.

###
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!