Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day Twenty-five: 30 Days of Gratitude

Jill's Gratitude:
     I am grateful for people who are generous enough to share what they have learned, in this case I'm particularly grateful for a book titled Mini Farming:  Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 acre by Brett Markham.  We have 1/3 of an acre and love all the knowledge and ideas this books offers.
     I am grateful for the knowledge I now have about animals, small live stock actually.  I have a dog, two cats, nine chickens, and two rabbits and they ALL have their own personalities, yes personalities!  I've always believed that animals have spirits and should be respected.  Now that I have different little animals I can see that I'm right.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning into a vegetarian by any means, but I have a deeper respect for the sacrifice animals make for our (human's) nourishment and want to acknowledge that sacrifice in how animals are raised, taken care of, killed, cooked, and eaten.....
     I am grateful for modern medical technology.  Particularly Urology, and Dr. Labasky.  When I was 18 Dr. Labasky and the Urology department at the University of Utah performed a surgery on my badder that now allows me to self cath.  Since then I could live a more normal life style.  And the cool part is, I can pee through my belly button!  Not many people can say that!

Joseph's Gratitude:
     I am grateful for long autumn and winter nights, that make for more time to curl up with my wife and a good book or movie.
     I am grateful that while Cache Valley is still very rural, it has grown enough over the past decade that you hardly ever need to drive down to Salt Lake to purchase things.
     I am grateful that we have a lot of folks who read our blog, even through these interminable 30 day challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!