Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pineapple Desert! Recipe Included!

I know this isn't the best picture but this is the best pineapple desert ever!  I got this recipe while I was serving my mission in Virginia from a woman named Shauna Vicors.  Shauna cooked me and my companion dinner often and when she served us this desert, I had to have the recipe!  Now I'm going to share the recipe with you!

The Goods:
2 - 20 oz cans of chunk pineapple. Drained and save the juice.  I believe crushed pineapple would be fantastic too.
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons flour
6 tablespoons pineapple juice
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups of crushed Ritz crackers

The Process:
Combine flour, pineapple juice, and sugar in a mixing bowl.  Mix well.
Add cheese and pineapple chunks to the mixture, combine well.
pour into a greased glass 9x13 baking dish.
In another small mixing bowl combine melted butter and crushed Ritz, mix well.
spread the Ritz mixture over the pineapple in the baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve warm, but the desert is just as good at room temperature or even cold!  It's just delicious!

Enjoy!

###