Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Small Goals

     I am a goal oriented person big time!  This is a good characteristic I think, but it can be bad if you're never satisfied with the present and always looking to the future.  I find myself getting stuck in this way of thinking:  Always planning for the future.
     Next week I will be finished with school!  I have two papers, one presentation, and a final test left to do and I will be finished with formal education for the time being!  By nature I'm already making lists as to what I'm going to do with all of my free time!  I have to admit I'm very excited to be able to plan my evenings with projects that I want to do.
     I have lists made for cleaning and organizing my bedroom and laundry room.  I have a huge list for Thanksgiving!  Joe and I are hosting Thanksgiving and planning for a spectacular celebration with family and friends.  I also want to make a list of winter projects I'd like to try.  My DIY board on Pinterest is full of great projects I've been waiting to try.  I feel it's important to start with a small list of simple projects and focus on one new skill to learn; I have a problem with planning way too much at one time.  Small goals will help me stick to a schedule and feel accomplished; something school did for me.  Small goals will also help keep my mind busy but enjoy the present.

     Here is my list of small DIY projects I want to accomplish this winter.
  • Learning a new skill:  Crochet & Tatting.
  • Beeswax candles.
  • Clay Christmas Decorations w/kids.
  • Bow Ties (for necks and buns).
  • Burlap Wreath (for outdoor shed).
  • Poncho (wool or fleece for me and Krista).
  • Plant Herbs in tin cans I've saved.
 What fun projects are you planning this winter?
thejoeandjill@gmail.com
Photo Credit: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/09/homemade-beeswax-candles.html
 ###