Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handmade Tools ~ Honing His Skills

My favorite pastime is to brag about my wonderfully talented husband, mostly because his skills back up my "tall tales" which makes bragging really fun for me.  In fact, a gentleman I used to work with once accused me of lying about Joseph's many talents.  I know it's bad manners to brag so much, but I can't help it!  To hear Joseph talk about his craftsmanship, he'd say, anyone can do this, the difference is I do it, I practice, I do it.  Joseph is a doer!

Last week at work, Joseph needed a tool to properly finish a project he was working on.  They didn't have the tool he needed at work, so he made one.  Joseph engraved the shape he needed out of brass, then made a handle out of wood and fashioned this tool for stamping leather.  Check it out!
   











Here are a few more tools Joe engraved for stamping leather!

 A true craftsman is a doer!
###