Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Doctor... Just the Doctor.


“We must come to the point where we realize the concept of race is a false one.  There is only one race, the human race.” – Dan Aykroyd

     The other day I was driving home from work listening to NPR radio.  The broadcast was about different countries and their economic hardships.  I started to feel empathy for these countries knowing what an economic hardship feels like; these days I’m cheering for $3.00 fuel prices.
     I started thinking about other countries and I had a feeling of closeness for them.  I’ve never thought of other countries as being relatable.  I've never traveled outside of the US.  Maybe the subject of economic crisis was relatable and then it came to me, Dr. Who is why I’m able to relate to other countries!  
     Doctor Who is a British Sci Fi television show on the BBC network.  The program is about the adventures of a time-traveling time lord known as The Doctor.  He explores the universe with his companions in a time machine called the Tardis which is a blue police box.  His adventures usually involves saving the world and the human race.  "Humans are brilliant" says the Doctor.  Joseph and I watch Dr. Who often and I notice that when the world is facing extinction concerns about race, class, money, differences in religion, etc. are non-existent.  I’m attributing my new found love and empathy for the human race and the world to The Doctor!      


###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!