Sunday, July 29, 2012

Strawberry Heath Salad!



A couple of months ago our friends Stacey and Drew Tyler had us over for dinner and served an amazing Strawberry Heath Salad!  The Salad is so good I had to make it the other night for our friend and Joe's boss Mike Atha.  I can't get enough of the stuff so I wanted to share the recipe with you.  This is a recipe everyone should have and break out when they need something good, refreshing, and light for dinner!

I make the dressing without poppy seeds because lets be honest; poppy seeds don't offer additional flavor and one little seed always manages to get stuck in my front teeth and I'd rather not deal with them.  The note in bold below says to make only half the dressing because it tends to make the salad soggy.  I make the dressing in full and put it in a dressing jar so I have it to use later.

Strawberry Heath Salad:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
2 T poppy seeds
1 bag baby spinach
1 heart of romaine lettuce cut up (or one bag)
1 qt. strawberries, sliced
1/2 bag Heath crunch chips
Combine mayo, milk, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds then set aside.  Mix the spinach and lettuce in large bowl then pour the mayo mix and gently stir until the lettuce is all covered.  Add the strawberries and heath chips and lightly toss.
Note–I only made made 1/2 the dressing for 2/3 the lettuce it called for, and as you saw it was probably too much still.  You would probably be fine if you made half the dressing for the 2 bags of lettuce the recipe calls for.

Thanks Stacey for sharing this recipe!  It is amazing!


###