Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day Two: 30 Days of Gratitude

Joe's gratitude:  
     Tonight's post will be a bit shorter than last night, I think.  Not that I am any less grateful than I was last night, but it is already late, and there is still a lot I want to do before bed time.  Perhaps I should write about being grateful that I never have time to be bored. . . .
     First of all, I am grateful for the modern marriage of music and technology, especially for internet sites like Pandora and Grooveshark.  It is so nice to be able to always have music playing, and that it is possible to always suit the music to the mood I am in.  Life is so much better when it has a soundtrack.
     I am grateful for the artists of the Northern Renaissance.  Particularly for the Van Eyck brothers for (re?) inventing oil painting, and Martin Schongauer, Albrecht Dürer, and Hendrik Goltzius for their innovations in copper engraving.  And before everyone jumps on me, yes I DO know that Goltzius isn't technically part of the Northern Renaissance. . . .
     And I am grateful for for Harmony Lodge #21, F. & A.M.  The men there are great, and I love having a place where, since our lodge is so small, I get to participate in ritual on a monthly basis.

Jill's gratitude:
     Tonight I am grateful my kitty son, River.  He loves to cuddle and snuggle and that make me feel good inside.  I am grateful for my washer and dryer, need I say anything more.  I am especially grateful for my dog son, Rascal.  He loves unconditionally and is the best dog son a girl could ask for!

### 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!