Sunday, February 3, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter!

Last year my mom bought us a 5 pound bag of peanuts for Christmas!  We're not the hugest peanut eaters and I didn't want to waste all those wonderful peanuts; lucky for us we do eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!  I spent a couple of nights shelling peanuts during our 30 days of no electric lighting to make peanut butter.  I found several recipes online and most required adding additional peanut oil except this ONE.

This was literally the easiest process, it took a total of 10 minutes to make!  I used two cups of peanuts which made a little less than a pint of peanut butter.  I added a teaspoon of honey and I have to say the peanut butter tastes wonderful!  I won't buy peanut butter ever again!

I added two cups of peanuts to my food processor.

I ran the food processor on high for about 5 minutes.   No need to add oil, there is enough in the peanuts.

I added a teaspoon of honey to the peanuts and ran the processor for a couple more minutes.

The peanut butter tastes fantastic and I love knowing it's healthier than what I buy in the stores.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!