Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Day At Central Market

Our day at Central Market!






I have always loved to cook, it's a great way to show someone that you love them.  Taking time out of your day to cook a fantastic meal for someone else to enjoy is truly a gift.  Because I love to cook I used to think of myself as a foodie, until I realized foodies don't commonly share.  It wasn't until I got into homesteading that I realized how stingy foodies can be.  Homesteaders want to help and share their knowledge, any trick, recipe, or process they find that helped them, they'll share.  Also, homesteaders don't use the word "infuse" in their recipes. 

Last week Joseph took me to Central Market in Plano, and I was in heaven at the amount of produce, meats, cheeses, and spices that are available there.  I thought to myself, this place is a foodies dream!  Then for a brief moment I felt a moment of betrayal, by being excited for foodies everywhere, I felt I was betraying my fellow homesteading friends.  That's when I knew I'm a true homesteader; I am not a foodie and I will never use the word "infuse" in my recipes! 

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!