Saturday, June 1, 2013

Eidolon House Progress. . .

We've officially lived in Texas for one month!  It feels like we've been here for much longer than just four weeks.  We're still loving Texas; although I do miss my family and friends, I miss my kids, my little house, my chickens, rabbits, and my backyard!  I have to remind myself that we'll have a place of our own again soon and we'll be able to give our children the opportunity to live with us in the future too.  Until then I'll be patient, and Joseph and I will work our butts off building Eidolon House into a great business.

Joseph has been doing restoration work for a client, I've been reaching out to rare book sellers, researching places to schedule workshops, and I just sent in our LLC papers to be filed with the state.  Today I took pictures of our decorative paper inventory; we're gearing up to make blank books to sell on our Etsy Shop and we're gearing up to make marbled paper!  I'm very excited about marbling paper, when I was in my late teens I made paper by hand.  My brother built me straining screens and my mom let me take over the family blender to make pulp for creating paper.  I've never thought of myself as a creative person, but when I think about it I have been creative my whole life and thank goodness; given our current career choice, Joseph and I plan to be creative for the rest of our lives!  

I'm happy to report that Eidolon House is progressing and we're having a wonderful time!  


Check out our decorative paper HERE and HERE.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!